Musical Direction, Consulting and Curation
- First record collector / DJ featured on an official TED Talk (1M views)
- DJ for over 15 years (based in Montreal, has played all over the world + festivals)
- Founder of Music Is My Sanctuary, (2007) one of the most respected independant music websites
- Founder of the 24 Hours of Vinyl series of events (2011)
- Previously worked as a music programmer for PHI Centre (2017-2018)
- His company has partnered and curated bookings with many of the worlds best cultural and musical brands
- Many years experience as a podcast host and interviewer
- Featured as a speaker, panelist and moderator in music & media culture conferences in Canada, US and in Europe
- His projects have received media acclaim from Resident Advisor, Colors, Okay Player, Radio Nova, Vinyl Factory and more.
- Musical direction for brands, commercial spaces and cultural projects.
- Music supervision for movies, documentaries and advertising
- Musical research of any kind
- Playlist creation of any kind
- Consulting on artist bookings (DJ’s and bands)
- Support on legal clearance of various music rights
Lexis is the founder of the Music Is My Sanctuary platform as well as the 24 Hours of Vinyl event series. For the past 15 years he has been a pillar of the Montreal music scene as a DJ and event organiser. He is also a speaker, music consultant for businesses as well as a radio / podcast host.
He was recently featured on the worldwide TED platform with a conference on the cultural role of the record collector community and importance of human music curation. This TED Talk has now been viewed 1 million times and is available in 18 languages.
He continues to lead his two main passion projects: Music Is My Sanctuary (founded in 2007) has grown into one of the most respected independent music voices. Every week it features articles, interviews and podcasts from passionate music curators from all over the world. The 24 Hours of Vinyl (founded in 2011) has traveled to globe with the mission of uniting local DJ’s and dancers in their love of vinyl records.
He also hosts a weekly podcast featuring long-form interviews some of the most progressive and accomplished musicians.
As a DJ, Lexis is one of the most versatile out there and continues to tour the world, festivals, appear on radio shows, and share the stage with some of his heroes.
In this era where most of the music is served by algorithms, Alexis continues to build and run projects all of which aim to reposition the human at the centre of musical discoveries, exchange and listening.
Previous Clients & Partnerships
- Cult Nation
- Colors Studio (Berlin)
- TED Montreal
- Tourisme Montreal
- Redbull Music
- C2 Montreal
- Nocturnes du MAC (Musée d’art contemporain)
- Musée des beaux-arts de Montréal
- Sid Lee
- Centre Phi
- Festival de Jazz de Montréal
- Jameson Irish Whiskey
Media Quotes“One of the most versatile DJ’s you’ll ever hear” – Dimensions Festival
“The man behind the extraordinary music website doesn’t have any more to prove amongst record collectors & lovers” – Radio Nova (Paris)
“A staple of our mixtape mondays” – OkayPlayer (US)
“Everytime I hear him play, he always pulls out something new” – Gilles Peterson (BBC)
“Lexis is nothing if not eclectic. He’s got a voracious appetite for music knowledge” – Dust & Groove
“One of the longstanding figures of Montreal’s nightlife” – Boiler Room
“Touted as one of the most distinctive DJs on the Montréal scene” – Red Bull Music Academy
“Trusted as one of the most reliable sources for musical discovery” – Hyponik
“Montreal’s Master Selector” – Standard NY